FDI Smile Award
The ‘FDI Smile Award’ serves to promote preventive oral care at local level. It was launched in 2015 with the generous support of the Colgate-Palmolive Company. The Award valued at US$4000 recognizes FDI member National Dental Associations (NDAs) that are making a difference in oral health through innovative and sustainable community outreach projects in their country.
An Award Committee selects the awardees in two categories, based on the following criteria:
- Level of innovation (e.g. project methodology, approach, scope, anticipated impact)
- Number of innovative activities supporting the overall project
- Expected project outcome (e.g. relevance, reproducibility, educational potential)
Sustainable Community Outreach
- Number of people reached by the project
- Involvement of key stakeholders
- Level of community participation
- Duration of the project
- Impact on the community
- Sustainability of the project
- Expected outcome
2016 FDI Smile Award Winners
The winners of the first edition were the Palestinian Dental Association and the Cambodian Dental Association. The awards were presented at the 2016 FDI Annual World Dental Congress in Poznań, Poland (7-10 September 2016).
Get in touch
Please contact Virginie Horn Borter or Claire Chombeau for more information.