Regular Members are national dental associations recognized by FDI as the principal associations and significant representatives of the legal and certified dental profession in their own countries.
Regular Members are national dental associations, which are recognized by the FDI as principal associations and significant representatives of the legal and certified dental profession in their own countries and which have fulfilled the requirements of membership. Membership of the association should be open to all dentists in the country and the association’s missions and goals should be in line with those of FDI.
In countries with more than one national dental association, Regular Membership may be granted to more than one national dental association from the same country, provided a National Committee is agreed and maintained. Otherwise, only one national dental association can be the Regular Member of that country. Applications from other national dental associations from the same country will be referred to Associate Membership.
Regular Membership Benefits
- The right of representation by Delegates and Alternates in the General Assembly based on membership.
- Delegates will have the right to speak and vote. Alternates will have the right to speak.
- The right to nominate members for election to all positions within FDI.
- The right to approve the nomination of their members for election to positions in FDI.
- The right to use the FDI logo as prescribed.
- The right to attend Congresses and other programmes of FDI under conditions designated by the Council.
- The right to receive other membership benefits as designated by the Council.
- The right to receive information about FDI and FDI programmes through the publications and other media of the Regular and Associate Members.
- The right to be eligible for election to the FDI Council and Committees.